Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Worth The Hype? (WTH Wednesdays Post #1)




Hi Everyone so I've teamed up with one of your most beloved beauty bloggers,Amourtera,

to present you with a monthly edition of a post I like to call Worth The Hype Wednesdays.
Once a month on a Wednesday we will post reviews on a few of the most talked about items throughout the beauty blogging community to give you our honest opinions on whether or not they are worth the hype. Here are some items that have been talked about by many but just missed the mark with us!







Nars Orgasm Blush

$29 at Sephora 

Ok this blush has been talked about EVERYWHERE and by EVERYONE! I can't count how many times I have heard someone say that its perfect for every skin type. They were dead wrong. I have golden/tan skin and for my skin it didn't really come up as beautifully as it did with others. Not only did I have an issue with the color, I felt as though the blush did not stay as long as I would have liked. I felt as though the color began to fade in only a few hours! 

Although it is a good (not great)  blush, is it worth $29? No…Is it worth all the hype its getting? No. Honestly for the price you're paying at Sephora you could easily pick up a Nyx blush at ultra or target for $5.00. They are just as beautifully pigmented as the Nars blushes for a fraction of the cost. It also stays on all night! 
For those of you who are in love with the "orgasm color" I would advise you to go check out the Nyx blush in "Pinched". It is a great dupe for the orgasm and, again, only $5.00. 

Cin Sivanantha
www.enginerdbeauty.blogspot.com


Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue

$3.49, Target & most drugstores


The Maybelline Baby Lips epidemic has spread like wildfire throughout the beauty community (mostly the tween/teen age one). Online the description of the Dr. Rescue line claims to "combat dryness" and improve overall lip health. People rave and swear by these, but I personally don't find them all that great.

The medication in it did revive dry lips, but I feel as though the balm is only a temporary relief, it doesn't really soak into lips to keep them moisturized after the balm has worn off. It's like, the balm only does its thing on the top of lips, not actually going deeper to moisturize.

Around the same time I picked this up, I also bought Yes To Grapefruit's lip balm on sale for $1. THAT is a great lip balm, it soaks into lips and completely blows this one out of the water! I would definitely advise investing in a Yes To Grapefruit balm instead!

-Kelly, from Amourtera.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. hey, I just nominated you for a Liebster Award, just wanted to make sure you knew..
    http://lipsiie3.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/the-liebster-award.html

    www.lipsiie3.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete