Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Macadamia Deep Repair Mask

Its July and its hot and humid in New York. If any of you have hair like mine, you'll know that thick curly hair and humidity do not mix. To help with these conditions I found this amazing hair mask made by Macadamia. Macadamia's deep repair mask works something of a miracle on my hair.  I bought it on Amazon.com for $18.91, but try looking in your local salons/beauty supply shop before purchasing online, since that's not cheap. Local shops might have it for less and you wouldn't have to worry about shipping costs. ( AND! its always good to support your local business.)
The mask comes in a 8.5 ounce jar, which might not seem like much for the price but a little goes a long way, as you can see the one I have is still moderately full and I've had it for about three months now.  The directions say to use it twice a week. I usually use it after shampooing and leave it in my hair for about twenty minutes.  This is followed by a complete rinse (wash everything or else you might end up with residue) and then do NOTHING! If you can, air dry or towel dry afterwards, but avoid applying heat from blow drying or ironing. I'm saying this because I've noticed that after blow drying, my hair does not have the same softness I get after towel drying. 

For those of you who flat iron your hair, or blow dry your hair every day this product will definitely help with preventing dry, brittle looking hair. It adds a softness and shine to your hair that regular shampooing/conditioning can't give. Added bonus: It also smells great and as I mentioned earlier it helps during the summer months.

Humidity tends to make my hair poof up, and this product helps smooth down my hair and makes it more manageable. Another great thing I love about this product is that it stimulates growth. I had a case of alopecia last year and my hair in one spot refused to grow. After using this product,  I started to see wisps of hair beginning to grow.  Definitely give this product a try, and let me know what you think! 










Big thanks to Resh for helping me edit <3

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a great product. It's something I want to try because my hair gets extremely dry sometimes.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete