Tuesday, February 18, 2014

First Impression Review- Benefit Stay Flawless Primer

Hi everyone so as I mentioned on my twitter/instagram I stopped by the benefit store located in Rye on my way to my birthday dinner last Wednesday. I managed to pick up the benefit stay flawless primer and wanted to do a first impression for you guys!



This primer has been talked about a lot online so here are some key things you should know about it:

1)  the primer comes in a stick form (all other primers that I've tried i.e the sephora/smashbox/elf come in a tube or bottle with a pump) so this made application very quick and easy.
2) It goes on clear and feels like nothing on! so for those of you who are worried about how it effects your skin (making it oily, or drying) this might be a good primer to look at since it doesn't make your skin oily/dry. 
3. PRICE!
 I know price is a huge factor (for me at least) so I bought it at the benefit store for $32.00 
4. Did it do its job? 
Yes it did, but my foundation did not last the 15 hours that the packaging claimed it would. However it did last a good 12 hours which is pretty good for a primer. I did have to touch up in some areas (my chin and forehead where I tend to lose coverage) but other than that my makeup stayed put. 
5. KEY POINT!!!
A lot of bloggers have been complaining how this primer tends to break on them halfway through its use or how its drying out, its because they are throwing away the cap inside that keeps the primer fresh! 
I've pointed it out with a pink arrow in the picture below. 
If you plan on purchasing this primer DO NOT throw away the cap within the cap (capception anyone?) this cap keeps the primer from drying out which prevents it from breaking! 



6. Would I repurchase? 
Yes and No, I do like how compact it is and how easy it is to use but I do honestly prefer the smashbox primer over this one primarily because I felt as though the smashbox primer reduced the appearance of my pores. It almost had a blurring effect which the benefit one did not. 







No comments:

Post a Comment