Monday, August 5, 2013

Sears Beauty Haul

75% off all cosmetics! Can it get any better than that? I didn't think so. 

I heard about the sale from a friend and decide to stop by the Sears in White Plains, NY. They had just about every cosmetic item on sale for 75% off. I ended up getting a bag full of beauty products made by Covergirl, L'oreal, Rimmel London, and Maybelline. 

I picked up two liquid foundations: Covergirl's outlast stay fabulous 3-in-1 foundation and L'oreal's true match in 5.5. I've tried the Covergirl foundation, and its pretty good bang for your buck. It's a full coverage foundation that does not fade over time. I have dark spots around my chin area, and with some foundations, they start to show within a few hours after application. This was not the case with the outlast stay fabulous foundation, my blush/bronzer were still visible by the end of the night (a great indicator of a good foundation) and my imperfections were all hidden. As far as the true match goes, I haven't tried it, but when I do I will post up a review. 

Next I picked up four types of mascaras and one set of false lashes by NYX. I read a lot of reviews about Physicians Formula Organic Wear Fake out mascara and was pretty excited to find it for $2.50. I also picked up the classic great lash by Maybelline, I've been using this mascara for years and I've always loved it. I also picked up Rimmel's sexy curves mascara and L'oreal's Exact Eyelights. The exact eyelights comes in 3 shades, specific to eye color. I also picked up the one for dark brown. I'll let you know which ones worked the best and which ones were worth the 75%.

So the products below may seem a little odd, but I like to use them to contour/highlight/conceal. Maybelline's age rewind is GREAT for concealing under eye circles. I use the same product in a lighter shade to highlight. I picked up the true match in a dark shade to contour my cheeks. I like that it creates a more defined line compared to a bronzer and it doesn't fade as quickly over time.

Lastly, I picked up more of Kate Moss's lip line, it was $1.25 each and since I love them so much I figured why not pick up a few more shades. I also picked up L'oreal's color riche lipstick, the colors were great and were very pigmented! I did a quick swatch and I loved the color and consistency. 




So definitely check out your local Sears and see if there are any products you love for a great price. They have some great bargains! And I'll see you next time!


Again thanks to my lovely Ms. Resh for editing <3

No comments:

Post a Comment